Wednesday 4 September 2013

Welcome to our blog!

Abraham Heschel, a 20th century Jewish philosopher, once said, "On the surface, I am an average person, but to my heart, I am not an average person.  To my heart, I am a great moment.  The challenge I face is how to dedicate everything I have inside me to fulfilling this moment."

God has placed this moment on my heart.  He gave me the desire to discover it and now gives me the courage to fulfil it.

What's your moment?  What has God placed on your heart to discover?

Robert Cooper, an accomplished author, sat with his grandfather just before his death.  The grandfather quoted an ancient saying, "Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you."  He then told Robert to live these words. Robert objected by saying, "Grandfather, maybe when I'm older..."  His response?

"Age has nothing to do with it!  Every day you can learn something more about who you are and all the potential that's hidden inside you.  Every day you can choose to become more than you have been."

It's up to us to keep asking ourselves, What is my best?

No comments:

Post a Comment